Friday, 20 December 2013

Five Things Friday.

Holiday card cheer edition.
I'm finally done with exams, which means I can relax & get into the holiday spirit.  Oh, & get back into blogging since I haven't written in almost a month.  This week, I was super focused on getting all of my holiday preparation done - finishing my shopping, wrapping gifts, & (perhaps most fun of all) writing & mailing Christmas cards.  I've always wanted to be one of those people who sent out holiday cards.  It's even #22 on my 101 in 1001 list!
While I was shopping for cards, I had the most difficult time narrowing down which cards I wanted to purchase.  There are so many wonderful designs!  I ended up choosing two different cards & sending out several of each.  Did you send out holiday cards this year?  Which ones did you pick?  Here are five of my favourites (including the two I chose)!

Kate Spade "Hope, Peace, Cookies" notecards
When I first saw these fun cards at my local Chapters (which is the Canadian equivalent of Barnes & Nobles), I knew they would be perfect to give to friends this holiday season!  I love the bright colours & cute message.

Red Chaulk "Merry & Bright" notecards
I love the sentiment of the song "White Christmas".  I think it captures the holidays perfectly, which is why these notecards initially caught my eye!  I also adore how the festive red & white colour scheme looks when combined with the different fonts.  

That Sky Blue "Candy Cane" notecards
The simplicity of these cards is perfect for anyone who doesn't want an overly bright or glitzy Christmas card. I love the simple design & cute message on the front!

Rifle Paper Co. "Wintergreen" notecards
Rifle Paper Co. is one of my very favourite stationery brands so I was thrilled to find a great selection of their holiday cards this season.  After deliberating between two different cards, I chose these ones for their old-fashioned appeal.  I love the subtle shine of the gold writing mixed with the classic floral design!

Sugar Paper LA "Happy Holiday Wreath" notecards
I don't know why, but I was really into more simplistic holiday cards this year.  These adorable cards from Sugar Paper were right up my alley.  I especially love the candy cane stripes lining the envelope!

2 comments: